In the fast-paced realm of advertising, where digital landscapes have become the new battlegrounds for brands vying for consumer attention, the figures speak volumes. According to recent data…
The Lead Data Engineer role will be the subject matter expert in the following:
- Lead data engineering projects in collaboration with the specialist teams/PM
- Work alongside other specialism leads in the business to develop and deliver cross- functional services to deliver value for clients
- Reporting to our Delivery Director, you will help define the roadmap and priorities for the Data Engineering Team in alignment with the company strategy.
- Articulate the strategic and commercial value of client’s data engineering function to support business development activities, including client pitches, estimating briefs/scope and marketing activities.
- Ownership of processes to deliver accurate scoping of data engineering projects to ensure projects are delivered with the right resources, to scope, budget and deadlines.
- Coach, mentor and manage the Data Engineering team, developing their skills and identifying opportunities for their career development.
- Apply advanced data integration methods to massive data sets in order to create solutions which can be utilised in descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Design and develop business solutions using a range of tools (Alteryx, Snowflake, Databases in cloud environments etc.)
- Work with ETL tools to ingest and transform data sets from a variety of data sources
- Use of Python or Java to build cloud-based data pipelines
- Mentoring more junior data engineers, encouraging team-wide diffusion of knowledge and being a source of technical best practices
- Playing a vital role in technical adoption of new techniques across all the departments within the organisation
- Learn multiple languages and latest trends to a professional level and transferring that knowledge across the team
- Present and depict complex techniques and architectures in simple, engaging, and easy to understand business terms to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with client stakeholders, ensuring that the consultancy successfully delivers operational solutions and client service excellence
- Be an advocate for integrity and trust in all outputs from the team with an unwavering commitment to “doing the right thing”
What experience skills are required for the Lead Data Engineer role:
- Hands on experience with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure) essential
- Hands on experience with the Azure Data ecosystem, essentially with Azure Databricks, Data Factory, Data Lake, and Synapse
- Very strong competence in SQL and database design with a solid understanding of data architectures (e.g. Databases, data lakes)
- Strong competence in Python (or equivalent language) and competence in another programming language (such as NodeJS, Scala, Java, C, R etc.) beneficial
- Able to write production level code – well-written and explainable
- Knowledge of Git version control
- Experience reviewing code and managing PRs
- Demonstrable experience working with APIs
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritising needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, organisational, and time management skills as well as an attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication, commercial awareness and consultancy experience desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills – exceptional relationship building skills both with direct team members and stakeholders; with an ability to explain complex technical problem to a business audience in a succinct and accessible form
- Passion for technology and learning new skills and technologies
What will you get in return:
- Competitive basic and company bonus scheme ( £70,000 - 80,000 + Bonus)
- Excellent development programs with dedicated training budgets
- Flexible working hybrid (part home-based and office-based) – 1 day in the office and 4 from wherever you like
- Access to the EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) 24/7 – offers confidential advice for health, legal & bereavement support and loads more
- Discounted gym access
- Data for Social Good programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Cover
- Pension scheme
How do You Apply?If you are interested in applying for the Lead Data Engineer role contact me on the phone 0208 146 9453 or get in touch via email [email protected] Who Are Digital Republic? Digital Republic Recruitment has been created with the sole purpose of delivering dedicated web and digital analytics recruitment solutions across the UK. The Digital Republic Talent aims to use our in-depth web and digital analytics expertise to provide an unparalleled experience to anyone doing business with our passionate and motivated people. Check out the website on www.digitalrepublictalent.com. You can also find out more on Twitter and Linkedin.
News & Insights
On September 10th, as the world observes World Suicide Prevention Day, it serves as a powerful reminder of the importance of mental health. In today’s fast-paced work environments,…
The Shifting Job Market: Impact on Recruiting in Cloud Computing, Data Science, Digital Analytics, and Programmatic
The job market is an ever-evolving landscape influenced by economic trends, technological advancements, and shifting industry priorities. In today’s digital age, certain sectors such as cloud computing, data…